Hotel Review: Mesui Hotel, 9 Jalan Mesui, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Located within walking distance to major shopping malls like Pavilion, Berjaya Times Square, KLCC and Lot 10, Mesui Hotel is not only value for money but also a great choice for travelers interested in entertainment, markets and family-friendly trips.
Getting to The Mesui Hotel
The Mesui Hotel is around 5-10 minutes walk away from Raja Chulan Monorail Station. It is also pretty near to Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre. Therefore, I have used Hotel Istana as a marker to find my way back to Hotel Mesui. It may be a little hard to find but fret not, I will try to guide you along.
The above was Google Map suggested route via Jalan Nagasaki, then via Jalan Ceylon and finally turning into Jalan Mesui. Hotel Mesui provided another way which is via Jalan Nagasari also. I personally feel that Mesui’s way is easier and more direct.
That is all for getting to the hotel. Coming up next, let’s go into the actual review of The Mesui Hotel Bukit Bintang.
Hotel Review of The Mesui Hotel Bukit Bintang
Location of The Mesui Hotel Bukit Bintang
As mentioned earlier on, the hotel is located within walking distance to major shopping malls in Bukit Bintang. There is also the Pavilion-KLCC pedestrian bridge which is a covered walkway (and almost fully air-conditioned) to the Iconic KLCC Petronas Twin Towers via the entrance at Jalan Raja Chulan. Besides shopping, there are several dining options around Hotel Mesui. The popular Alor Street Food Night Market is also at a comfortable walking distance via Jalan Nagasari and turning into Changkat Bukit Bintang.
It was love at first sight for me. I really love the simple and yet tasteful decor inside the hotel and the interior really made me feel at home. The lighting was bright and yet not glaring, and the hotel seemed well kept and clean.
The check-in process was promptly done within a few minutes. Do take note of a refundable security deposit of 100 MYR upon check-in. That was not an issue as I have already read about it under ‘Property’s guest policies’ when I was booking the room through Agoda. There was supposed to be a Welcome Drink for my booking but the hotel staff has totally forgotten about it. I, too, have completely forgotten about it. Since it has slipped my mind, I guessed it wasn’t such a big deal.
Loft, The Mesui Hotel Bukit Bintang
I have booked a Loft Room for my stay and was really looking forward to it. It turned out to be smaller than expected but cozy and big enough for my stay. There is still plenty of space to maneuver. In fact, it will be comfortable enough even if you are travelling with your partner. In addition, you can see from the photos that the room was not only clean and well kept, but the shower room was also spick-and-span. The Loft room also came with a wardrobe and a security deposit box. I only wished that there was a fridge, too, so that I can bring back some beers for chilling while watching FOX Movies on TV.
I did not come into much contact with the staff of the hotel except during check-in and check-out. However, the staff was generally polite and friendly. I was a little annoyed with the hotel key system on the check-out day and my tone was a little harsh. Nevertheless, the staff remained polite and apologized to me for the inconvenience caused.
Areas which Mesui Hotel can improve on
1. Free WIFI in all rooms: The WIFI’s signal in my room was not only not stable but slow. The unstable WIFI caused issue even when I was Whatsapping my friend to set up our appointment for the next day; messages was often delayed or I have to resend messages several times. In the end, I decided to turn off the phone WIFI instead and used mobile data.
2. Key System: As mentioned previously, I was a little annoyed by the hotel key system on the check-out day. When I returned to the hotel around 10+ in the morning from breakfast, my room key was already not working. In short, I was locked out from my own room and official check-out time was supposed to be 12 noon. The staff advised that it has something to do with the hotel key system. I do hope that the hotel can make change to this so that no other guests will face the same issue.
I have a pleasant stay in Mesui Hotel Bukit Bintang. What I really love about the hotel are the excellent location, the cleanliness, and the simple yet classy interior decor. I will definitely return to Mesui and I will surely recommend it to friends.
Read also: 25 must visit in Malaysia
Check availability in Mesui Hotel Bukit Bintang and Get cheap flights on Skyscanner
Latest posts by bk (see all)
- Mesui Hotel 9 Jalan Mesui Kuala Lumpur Malaysia – Hotel Review - November 29, 2018
- 10 Beautiful Villas in Bali Under SGD 100 - August 9, 2018
- 25 Top Travel Experiences in the World 2018 - July 3, 2018