European Road Trip Guides – 11 Drives to Discover Europe
Touring Europe by car is one of the best experiences in this storied continent – whether you’re looking for the best route through France’s wine country or hope to cruise through Stelvio Pass in northern Italy – these 11 European Road Trip Guides give you a good start to discover Europe.
1. Italy Road Trip Guides
Discover 6 stunning cities and see landscapes driving in this romantic Amalfi Coast drive. For foodies and wine-lovers, driving in Tuscany is the ideal way to explore the bistros, eateries, cafes and vineyards the region is known for. Explore iconic Tuscan countryside at an unhurried pace. Road trip is also one of the least expensive ways to travel Italy; you can see and do a great deal without breaking the bank.
Some other recommended Italy Road Trips:
– The Ultimate Italian Road Trip
– Exciting Excursions from Venice by Car
– Stelvio Pass Road Trip
2. Germany Road Trip Guides
Exploring the Bavarian countryside by car is an amazing way to introduce your children to a new culture, while thrilling them with memorable historic sites that will instill a lifelong love of travel.
Some other recommended Germany Road Trips:
– Bavarian Alps Road Trip
– Germany’s Romantic Road
3. France Road Trip Guides
For golfers, there’s perhaps no better way to experience a new locale than to hit the links. In the fresh air, playing a familiar game on an unfamiliar course, you’ll get your bearings, and learn about the place you’re visiting in an intimate and fun way. Golf holidays in France are soaring in popularity, and the 7 amazing northern France golf courses included on this round-trip driving itinerary are some of the best.
Some other recommended France Road Trips:
– Bordeaux Wine Tour
– Dordogne River Valley Trip
– French Riviera Road Trip
4. UK Road Trip Guides
In recent years, UK countryside is home to some of the world’s most inspiring filming locations like HBO’s Game of Thrones, the BBC’s Downton Abbey, and the Harry Potter series of films. Embark on this Film Location Road Trip to actual locations where some of these scenes were shot.
Some recommended UK Road Trips:
– Drive the Scottish Highlands
– 7 Kid Friendly Cultural Activities in England
– 7 best things to do in Scotland
5. Spain Road Trip Guides
Spain is the perfect destination for a road trip, boasting everything from expansive beaches to diverse mountain landscape. Explore some of the best places to visit in Spain including must-see UNESCO sites, the best cultural activities in Catalonia, and the tastiest culinary experiences in Northern Spain.
Some other recommended Spain Road Trips:
– 5 breathtaking locations to visit in Spain
– 6 culinary experiences in Northern Spain
– Barcelona Road trip: Catalonia and Valencia
6. Portugal Road Trip Guides
Portugal is rapidly emerging as one of the hottest destinations in Europe for travelers. Here, you can take in breathtaking historic landmarks and points of interest for a fraction of the cost of some nearby countries. Embark on a road trip from Lisbon and discover some of the best things to do in Portugal.
Some other recommended Portugal Road Trips:
– The Ultimate Azores Road Trip
– 6 stops the family will love
– Lisbon to Cascais Road Trip: Best Beaches in Portugal
7. Ireland Road Trip Guides
From the doorstep of Dublin to the famed Wild Atlantic Way coastal route, road trips in Ireland offer something unique to those who wish to experience a unique sense of exploration and adventure. When driving in Ireland you’ll experience the culture and communities that make this one of the most popular destinations in Europe.
Some other recommended Ireland Road Trips:
– Ring of Kerry Tour
– Best day trips from Dublin by car
– 7 historical places to visit in Ireland
8. Switzerland Road Trip Guides
Switzerland, perhaps more than any destination, is tailor-made for road trips. With inspiring panoramic views at every bend in the road and some of the most amazing natural landscapes in Europe, driving through Switzerland is a fantastic way to take in the natural beauty of the Swiss alps, Alpine villages, or simply to find yourself with some of the best photographs you’ve ever taken.
Recommended Switzerland Road Trips:
– Scenic 3-day driving tour
– Best Alpine Drives
– 7 Days Driving through Switzerland
9. Netherlands Road Trip Guides
The city of Amsterdam has so much to see and do that you could spend your entire vacation exploring its vibrant neighborhoods and historical sites without ever thinking of leaving town. However, if you want to explore more of what the Netherlands has to offer, these day trips from Amsterdam may lead you to some of the most interesting destinations that are only a short drive from this European capital.
Other recommended Netherlands Road Trips:
– Tulip fields of the Netherlands
– Round-trip adventure to 7 cities other than Amsterdam
10. Austria Road Trip Guides
For a small country, Austria holds immense geographic and cultural appeal. Go on a perfect road trip to discover the picturesque roads and sweeping vistas of the Austrian Alps. Catch a concert in Salzburg, the hometown of Mozart, and then enjoy the modern art and music scene in nearby Linz. Sit in one of the storied cafes of Vienna, or splash into the alpine lakes near Kufstein.
Some other recommended Austria Road Trips
– Round-trip adventure from Munich, Germany to Austria
– Touring Austria with kids
11. Scandinavia Road Trip Guides
The Scandinavian countries of Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland are known for both efficient highways and polite drivers, making them ideal places to explore by car. Pick up your vehicle at any country capital and start your adventure to discover the picturesque roads and sweeping vistas of the Nordic landscapes.
Recommended Scandinavia Road Trips:
– 5 things to do in Norway
– Drive to Discover the most breathtaking places in Sweden
– Drive to Discover 5 things to do in Denmark
– Road Trip to discover key places in Finland
– Northern Lights Tour: 7 Days
– Discover the breathtaking Fjords of Norway 10-day adventure
Search Flights & Hotels to your Europe Road Trips Now
- Stay For Good-New Travel with a Purpose Programme - May 18, 2023
- Cassia Phuket Pet-Friendly Hotel - April 12, 2023
- Spotlight on Travelling in Amsterdam, Holland - April 10, 2023