THE FULLERTON HOTEL’S TOWN RESTAURANT HOLDS ANNUAL SINGAPORE HAWKER MASTERS DINNER BUFFET FOR THE 3RD YEAR
Should you have Roti Prata from Casuarina Curry Restaurant (Casuarina Road) with Teh Tarik (hot milk tea beverage) or Yuan Chun Lor Mee (Amoy Street Food Centre) with Kopi C (hot coffee with evaporated milk)? Song Zhou Carrot Cake (Bedok Interchange Food Centre) with Teh O Kosong (tea without milk, unsweetened) sounds like a good idea too? But wait, Nusa & Tara’s Lontong (ABC Brickworks Market & Food Centre) is an excellent choice too? If only you can have it all and more?
What if I tell you that you can have it all and more, minus the travelling time between the different locations, for the best in the city in buffet style? Besides enjoying the sumptuous local fare, you get to choose between a gourmet selection of barbecued delights and a free flow of Tiger Beer and Singapore Sling for 2 hours, or an exquisite seafood selection. Sounds too good to be true? Read on.
Locals and tourists are in for a great treat at the third Singapore Hawker Masters Dinner Buffet by Fullerton Hotel Singapore and The Straits Times. In conjunction with Singapore’s 50th National Day, the dinner buffet will feature 15 Hawker Masters – the largest number of hawkers since the first installment in 2013, in a befitting representation of Singapore’s multicultural food heritage.
Over the Golden Jubilee Weekend, you will not only enjoy this local feast from the best in the city with the buffet in a historically significant location but you will also enjoy fireworks from the National Day Parade on 9 August from the restaurant’s riverfront terrace.
The winners of the Singapore Hawker Masters are rigorously selected each year through three phases – consisting of a public nomination, voting by the readers of The Straits Times and Lianhe Zaobao, followed by a taste test by a distinguished panel of judges including food critics from the newspapers – a true local gastronomy experience will be in store.
15 featured Hawker Masters at the dinner buffet
1. Casuarina Curry Restaurant’s Roti Prata (Casuarina Road)
2. Haji Maksah Barkat Chahya Food (Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak)
3. Haron Satay (East Coast Lagoon Food Village)
4. Roxy Laksa (East Coast Lagoon Food Village)
5. Tiong Bahru Tau Suan (Tiong Bahru Hawker Centre)
6. Original Serangoon Fried Hokkien Mee (Serangoon Road)
7. Nusa & Tara’s Lontong (ABC Brickworks Market & Food Centre)
8. Rojak & Mee Siam’s Indian Rojak (Geylang Serai Market & Food Centre)
9. Song Zhou Carrot Cake (Bedok Interchange Food Centre)
10. Xiu Ji Ikan Bilis Yong Tau Foo (Chinatown Complex Food Centre)
11. Ya Hua Bak Kut Teh (Havelock Road)
12. Hoover Rojak (Whampoa Drive Food Centre)
13. My Cosy Corner Popiah (Coronation Shopping Plaza)
14. Yuan Chun Lor Mee (Amoy Street Food Centre)
15. Piao Ji Fish Porridge (Amoy Street Food Centre)
The Fullerton Hotel’s renowned Chicken Rice will also star on the buffet line. Meticulously prepared by its esteemed culinary team using only the freshest Chicken, the secret to achieving maximum juiciness and tenderness of the meat is by poaching the chicken in hot water for 50 minutes before soaking it in ice water for another 20 minutes. When ready, it is served with fragrant rice that is cooked with pandan and lemongrass, a tasty broth with fresh cabbages, spring onions and fresh shallots as well as piquant Chili and Ginger sauces which are also house-made.
The Singapore Hawker Masters Dinner Buffet at The Fullerton Hotel is available daily from 30 July to 10 August 2015, 6.30pm to 10.30pm.
Sundays to Tuesdays, diners can enjoy the popular hawker spread with Town’s international delights at S$55* per adult and S$28* per child.
Wednesdays to Saturdays, choose to enjoy the sumptuous local fare with a gourmet selection of barbequed delights and a free flow of Tiger Beer and Singapore Sling for 2 hours at S$86* per adult and S$44* per child, or with an exquisite seafood selection at S$69* per adult and S$34* per child.
For reservations, please call (65) 6877 8128 or email [email protected]
*Prices are subject to service charge and prevailing government taxes.
Top Rated Hotels, Hostels, Apartments, Suites, Resorts etc in Singapore
Based on review score of 8.5 and above, with at least 40 verified reviews by real guests who completed their stays.
Latest posts by bk (see all)
- Singapore long weekends in 2018 - October 11, 2017
- Top 10 Museums World 2017 Travelers’ Choice Awards - September 21, 2017
- New Champions League Matches Flight Finder Tool - August 25, 2017