Be mentored by Canon Master Richard I’Anson in this Nepal travel photography assignment
From the snow-capped slopes of the Himalayas to the colourful local festivals, Nepal is a photographer’s dream destination. Despite the earthquakes that recently shook the region, the trails are still open and the people as welcoming as ever.
World Nomads is awarding a Travel Photography Scholarship to one aspiring photographer to go on a 10-day all-expenses-paid trip to Nepal. In additional, you get an opportunity to be mentored by Richard I’Anson and experience what it’s like to be a photographer on-assignment with one of the world’s leading travel photographers!
Don’t miss this chance to work alongside with Richard in capturing the resilient spirit of the people and the breath-taking landscapes of this beautiful country. Under the mentorship of Richard, you’ll document the stories that no one else is telling along with the community development projects that are rebuilding both local livelihoods and tourism in Nepal.
You will gain invaluable mentoring and hands-on experience in everything from shot set up, technique and composition through to insights into his many years of globe-trotting. This will involve long days, early mornings and late nights working!
Not only that, you will also post photos from your assignment to Instagram or Twitter on a daily basis so that World Nomads can follow your adventures.
The winner of the World Nomads Travel Photography Scholarship 2015 will be awarded a 10-day all-expenses-paid trip to Nepal with Intrepid Travel. The scholarship will also include round-trip airfare from your country of residence to Kathmandu, Nepal. There you will be under professional mentorship from travel photographer Richard I’Anson. World Nomads will be providing travel insurance for the duration of the trip. Plus be outfitted for the assignment with gear from Kathmandu.
Who can apply?
- Any non-professional can apply – this is open photography students or keen amateurs/pro-amateurs looking build a career in travel photography.
- The scholarship is open to all nationalities (subject to obtaining a visa to enter Nepal); however, you must have an exceptionally high degree of proficiency in written English.
- Minimum age 18 by the application deadline (November 25, 2015)
- You must have a current, valid passport and you must be available as per the dates set out. Please note these dates are not changeable in any way.
- You must be fit and healthy as moderate levels of physical work are involved as well as a number of late nights!
- You should be an exceptional photographer with a lust for adventure, have a strong desire to be mentored and grow your photographic knowledge and skills, an ambition to forge a career in travel photography.
For more information on World Nomads Travel Photography Scholarship 2015, do head over to World Nomads now!
One entry per person.
Information on all scholarships can be found here.
Latest posts by bk (see all)
- 25 Top Travel Experiences in the World 2018 - July 3, 2018
- 5 Whale-y cool secret spots for whale watching in the Margaret River - June 25, 2018
- 25 Top landmarks in the world for 2018 - May 31, 2018